MS Outlook is very popular in these days to manage and store important data or email messages. Being an Outlook user, they have lots of advantages and benefits because this packages is packed with great features that helps to manage their contact details, calenders, journal entries, important dates, to-do list, etc in the form of PST file. It is possible that sometimes your PST files may get corrupt which happens due to various reasons such as software failure, virus attack, improper termination of MS Outlook, sharing PST file over network, size limit and many more. So it is quite frustrating situation when you get errors while using MS Outlook. “Receiving reported error (0x80040600): Unknown Error 0x80040600” is one of the most common error messages which is encountered by most of the Outlook users which indicates that their PST file has become corrupt.
There are various remedies are available to combat these forms of errors and corruption. Some of them are mentioned below.
- 0x80040600 Error, this issue is related to the problem while user trying to read, receive or send emails. After encountering such an error message, first of lal user have to restart their Outlook or System.
- If you cannot fix the error after restarting your Outlook or System then you should use “ The Inbox Repair Tool” to fix this error. This tool is by-default installed on your PX when you install the MS Outlook. To fix 0x80040600 Error by using this tool follow the simples which are listed as follows:-
- Go to Start and open the Run box.
- Launch scanpst.exe by typing this path in the address bar – drive name: \Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\Locale ID\scanpst.exe
- Click OK
- After clicking OK a message box will pop-ups in which enter the file name and path of the corrupt OST file
- Click on the “Start” button.
By following these above mentioned step you can fix 0x80040600 Error. However this tool takes lots of time to fix this issue. So if above mentioned two remedies not helpful for you then it is recommended to use ant third-party repair utility like PST Repair Tool to fix 0x80040600 Error
About the software:-
PST Repair Tool is known as all in one repair software, which usually scans and fixes various corrupt PST file and by default recovers all the deleted items like Contacts, Notes, Calendars, emails, Journals, etc. This software is compatible to run on all the latest versions of Outlook including Microsoft Outlook 2000, 2003, 2007 and Outlook 2010. It comes with highly advanced features and very simple interface which makes it very convenient-to-use. PST Repair Tool is sued by most of the user to fix any type of PST issue, so you can also use this tool to fix 0x80040600 Error.